The New Prague School Board has seven members who are elected at-large, to four-year terms. Elections for school board members are held on the first Tuesday after the first Monday of November in odd-numbered years. The next election will be November 3, 2015.
A candidate for the school board must meet the following qualifications:
- Be at least 21-years-old at the time the term of office begins
- Have resided in the school district for 30 days prior to the election
- Be an eligible voter, which includes the requirement that the individual be a citizen of the United States
Affidavits of candidacy are available from the district’s Central Education Campus at 410 Central Avenue N, New Prague. The candidate filing period is open from July 28 to August 11. The filing fee for this office is $2. A candidate for school board must not have any other affidavit on file for any other elected office during the same general election.
Individuals must meet the following requirements to vote in a school board or other special election:
- Be at least 18-years-old
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be a resident of the school district and maintain residence in the district for 20 days immediately preceding the election
Scott County Elections New Voting Equipment
We as a district are required to disseminate information to voters regarding new election equipment used in the November election. Below are links to video demonstrations of the use of the new equipment.