“Our Falcon Ridge Community is committed to creating a positive and safe environment to support lifelong learning so ALL R.E.A.P. the benefits.”
What is PBIS?
PBIS is a proactive and interactive approach to establish a social culture in a school that supports social, emotional, and academic success. It uses data-based decision making to align curriculum and behavioral supports for students and staff. It is aimed at supporting safe and effective school environments while preventing behavior problems with students. Our Falcon Ridge community focuses on four expectations:
Children are taught through direct instruction how to demonstrate these expectations in ALL settings of the building and throughout the school day.
Key Components of the Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS)
- Define appropriate behaviors that are expected in the school setting
- Teach behavioral expectations
- Support appropriate behavior through specific feedback
- Uses data to guide further Interventions based on the needs of the setting
-Lewis and Sugai, 1999 OSEP
Falcon Ridge PBIS Core Team
- Kim Vilt
- Shana Geddes
- Kate Kluegel
- Dan Wagner
- Amy Hennen
- Kate Kienow
- Jim Cavanaugh
- Barb Zweber
For more information on PBIS you may contact any core team member above or visit the following PBIS website: http://www.pbis.org/.
To be successful, our behavior program needs to be a partnership between home and school. Throughout the school year the PBIS team will send updates and information about PBIS. We invite your comments, concerns and ideas to make PBIS work at our school.
Please support PBIS at Falcon Ridge by:
- Reviewing behavior expectations with your child.
- Volunteering to pass out Trojan Tickets during recess.
- Using the four expectations at home: PBIS Home Matrix
- Providing positive reinforcement (acknowledging good choices with compliments or quality time) at home.
- Sharing comments with or asking questions of PBIS team members.
- Joining our PAC to learn more about Falcon Ridge.
Expectations for Falcon Ridge
- Trojan Tickets - An intricate part of PBIS is acknowledging children for being positive and making good choices. Students can be acknowledged for demonstrating positive behaviors by receiving a Trojan Ticket. Trojan Tickets are collected and used for Friday drawings where students choose from tangible and non-tangible acknowledgments.
- Riders of the Month – The Bus drivers acknowledge students for demonstrating positive behaviors by demonstrating R.E.A.P. on the school bus to and from school.
- Make Your Mark – This is a student acknowledgement given to those who are extraordinary examples of displaying their Respect, Effort, Attitude, and Pride. These acknowledgements start with nomination by a staff member and will be given at an all-school meeting. Students receiving this award have truly gone above and beyond to make our school and community a better place to be.