Raven Stream Garden
Raven Stream received a SHIP Grant through Let’s Move Active Schools! Our garden is located in the back of the school by the playground. Six apple trees have been planted on the south side of the building.
Thank you to the wonderful volunteers & the Garden Committee who made this possible! Staff & students helped shovel mulch & dirt. New Prague high school students made the planter boxes. Students will be actively involved in the planting & harvesting process as teachers integrate the garden into the curriculum. The vegetables & fruit that are harvested will be served at school. Any left over food will be donated to the local food shelf!
Interested in helping?
We are asking for volunteers to help weed & water our garden this summer.
- Garden Tasks:
- Pull weeds from the garden boxes.
- Water the garden beds.
- Rake up and tidy up mulch in and around the boxes.
- Contact Kim Franta at (651) 964-9411 if fruits or vegetables are ready to be picked.
- Apple Tree Tasks:
- Water apple trees on south side of building.
- Pull mulch back so it is NOT touching the trunk of the tree.
- Pull any sprouts off the base of the tree that are BELOW the graft union of the tree.
If you are interested in being a garden volunteer, please click the SIGN UP! button below. If you have questions, please contact Kim Franta, Director of Nutrition Services at: email@example.com or (651) 964-9411
Garden Photo Gallery
From the beginning of the project, we have been taking pictures of the construction process, planting, and student activities. Take a look at our Garden Photo Gallery to see all the work, learning, & fun that has helped our garden grow.
We would like to thank all of the following contributors for their generous donations to help get our garden growing!
- Statewide Health Improvement Program (SHIP) Grant
- Jeffers Foundation Grant
- Raven Stream PAC
- New Prague ACE Hardware
- Siwek Lumber & Millwork
- Dave Edberg
- New Prague Area Education Foundation
- Jim and Brandon Bombardo of ShopSabre CNC
- University of Minnesota Extension Master Gardeners
- Sheds Plus