About Our School
Raven Stream Elementary School, in partnership with students, parents, and community, is committed to creating a safe, nurturing environment that instills in every student, a passion for life-long learning, while striving to achieve their maximum potential to become a contributing member in our complex and changing society.
Our school community strives to achieve the following principles:
- To create a safe and friendly environment where each individual student's academic and social needs can be met.
- To be aware of all aspects of a child's development.
- To relate real life experiences to all curriculum.
- To emphasize hands-on learning as vital to a child's learning.
- To use technology and a variety of teaching materials.
- To create opportunities for discussion among children, and between children and adults.
- To utilize cooperative small group activities to support learning and to provide an opportunity for social and emotional development.
- To promote reading, writing, communication, problem solving, and mathematics which are essential for success in our changing society.
- To assist children as they continue to develop self-control and a sense of responsibility for their actions.
- To nurture and strengthen the child's development in attitude, behavior, and responsibility through the use of positive modeling and high expectations.
To support the belief system above, a variety of delivery systems are employed to address the diverse learning styles of children.