District Site

410 Central Ave. N.
New Prague, MN 56071

phone: 952-758-1700
fax: 952-758-1799




TIP Sheets & Frequently Asked Questions

kc_0.pngTIP SheetRegister for a ClassTech Integration Coaches | MN PELSB LicensingMN PELSB Login

What is Frontline?

Frontline is used for a variety of employee services such as: Absence Management, Professional Growth, Time & Attendance

  • Absence Management (formerly Aesop) is used by certified staff to report absences, request substitutes, and track personal/sick days.

  • Professional Growth (formerly KeepCertified) is designed to help certified educators track their Continuing Education Units (CEUs). Login to review your license number, expiration date, total clock-hours, completed categories, and remaining requirements. KeepCertified also allows staff members to request additional CEUs, register for TIES classes, and enroll in district workshops.

  • Time & Attendance (formerly VeriTime) is a web clock used by hourly employees for capturing in and out times as they occur and electronic timesheets for tracking hours worked per pay period.

Who are the Continuing Education Committee members?

Human Resources
Cassie Olson

Staff Development
Julie Schmitz

Early Childhood
Jennifer Weichert

Eagle View
Jenna Lund

Falcon Ridge
Lisa Luskey

Raven Stream
Stacy Hemann

High School
Michelle Scharpen

Middle School
Tracy Helgerson

St. Wenceslaus
Becky Smisek


How do I log into Frontline?

Note: If you do not work for New Prague Area Schools and do not have a Frontline account, please contact Cassie Olson at the District Office: (952) 758-1704  colson@isd721.org

If you already have a Frontline account, do the following: 

  1. On the Staff Resources page, click the Frontline button.
  2. Enter your Frontline username and password.
  3. If you forgot your password, click on the Forgot your password? link.
  4. If you have trouble logging in, contact Cassie Olson.

How do I submit my CEUs if I do not work for New Prague Area Schools?

The Continuing Education Committee no longer accepts paper forms or documentation. All CEU requests must be submitted via Frontline for approval. If you do not work for New Prague Area Schools and do not have a Frontline account, please contact Cassie Olson at the District Office: (952) 758-1704 coloson@isd721.org.

How do I request new CEUs?

After attending a workshop, conference, or class, submit the CEU Request Form by following the steps on the linked TIP Sheet. All CEU requests must be submitted online.

gDoc.pngTIP Sheet: Frontline - CEU Request Form

I made a mistake, can I modify a submitted CEU request?

Yes, as long as the submitted request is still pending. All pending requests are listed on the Learning Plan page under the Awaiting Final Credit section. To edit a pending request, follow the Modify a Pending CEU Request section on the linked TIP Sheet.

gDoc.pngTIP SheetFrontline - CEU Request Form

Can I delete a pending CEU request?

At this time, it is not possible for you, or any member of the Continuing Education Team, to delete a CEU request. If you need a CEU request removed, you have two options:

  1. Modify the submitted CEU request (as described in the FAQ above).
  2. Email your building's Continuing Education representative. Ask them to "deny" your CEU request.

How do I review my license status?

  1. Log into KeepCertified and click the Home tab.
  2. Under License Summary, you will see your Renewal Year displayed.
  3. Under CEU Summary, you will see your Total CEUs.
  4. Under Required Areas, each requirement must have one (1) or more hours.

What are the requirements for relicensure?

doc20.pngMN PELSB License Renewal Conditions

doc20.pngMN PELSB Mandatory Requirements Chart

doc20.pngNPEM Continuing Education Committee Update (Jan. 2019) 

MN PELSB requires educators to receive continuing education in the following areas: 

  1. Positive Behavioral Intervention Strategies
  2. Reading Preparation
  3. Key Warning Signs for Early-Onset Mental Illness in Children and Adolescents
    1. This must include at least one hour of Suicide Prevention Best Practices
  4. English Learners
  5. Cultural Competency

Do college courses count toward CEUs?

Yes, college coursework counts toward clock hours. One (1) quarter credit equals 16 clock hours and one (1) semester credit equals 24 clock hour credits.

Can I submit paper forms or documentation?

No, the NPAS Continuing Education Committee is no longer accepting paper request forms or documentation. All CEU requests and documentation must be submitted electronically via KeepCertified.

How do I transfer CEUs from another school district?

If your previous school district used KeepCertified you can contact Ties at support@tiescloud.net and request they connect your accounts. 
If your previous school district did not use KeepCertified you can request your previous district uploads your credit hours to MDE. Your previous district may also issue you a letter documenting credits earned which can be sent to Cassie Olson at colson@isd721.org.

It is my renewal year. How do I apply for my license renewal?

doc20.pngNPEM Continuing Education Committee Update (Jan. 2019) 

doc20.pngMN PELSB Tiered Licensure (infographic) 

AFTER January 1st of your renewal year, log into KeepCertified and verify the following:

  • 125 CEUs from at least two categories.
  • CEUs from the 5 required areas.

On the 30th of each month from November – June, Cassie Olson will submit verification to MDE. This will indicate which educators in the NPAS KeepCertified system have met all the licensure requirements. If you submit CEU requests after January 1st of your renewal year, you must wait until after the 30th of that same month for the verification to be processed.

  1. Click the MN PELSB link.
  2. Log in with your MN PELSB user account (click the Sign in with Google button) and follow the renewal instructions.
  3. When your new license arrives, send one original license to Cassie Olson at the district office. At that time, your KeepCertified account will be cleared and you may start earning CEUs for your next cycle.